Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Destination

I must keep in mind my destination
Can't allow the troubles of life break my concentration
For I've allowed Jesus Christ to be my motivation

Having started well
But its all about how I finish
My faith I will not allow to diminish

I haven't been called to follow after my flesh
But I've been called to walk
Live
Continue on in the Spirit
Life in the Holy Ghost
Pressing on in every lyric

Living
While others are looking on
Being this living epistle
They are reading
Hearing
Keeping up with me as they would do a song

Having to make sure that my life speaks Jesus and nothing else
Can't allow it to become about self

Distractions
Trials
Through it all I'm having to persevere
Not allowing myself to be ruined
Controlled
Destroyed by fear

Having been water baptized in Jesus and and Holy Ghost filled
This has taken place not for Shar'on
But for Christ Jesus in my life to be revealed

A born again Christian
Not called to live the same life as before
Like a dog returning to its vomit
This is not what God is looking for

Called to be a solider
On the battlefield for my Lord
Armed and dangerous
Dressed with the whole armour of God
Showing Christ that it's Him that I adore

Heaven is promised
But it all depends on my obedience to fully follow His Word
My destination is Heaven
Where I will live once more

No comments:

Post a Comment