Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Valentines Day Poem

I'm so glad that He has shown me what True Love is
For I am one who's lacked affection only so that I could find it in His resurrection
Attention Attention
Yes, Jesus Christ truly loves me so
And to think that I've compromised His love many times before because I felt that what I needed was found in the arms of flesh
Thought that it would be found in multiple beds of sin

But I tell you
There's absolutely nothing that can compare to this intimacy that I've found in my love
Him whispering sweet things in my ear
Promising that from me He would never dissappear
And this had just switched our love to the highest of gears

So grateful
So appreciative
So thankful that He loves me the way He does
Express love from above
I would never never leave home without it

1 comment:

  1. Another great show of mastery in delivery here. Well done poet. My favorite line here is
    "There's absolutely nothing that can compare to this intimacy that I've found in my love
    Him whispering sweet things in my ear
    Promising that from me He would never dissappear"

    Great work. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete