Monday, May 21, 2012

Why

Why should I allow my soul to be cast down
If its the joy of the Lord I've found
Why should I allow my gifts to be hidden
And cast them beneath the ground 

Why allow myself to feel as if I've been forsaken
As if Jesus has ever left me
I must not allow myself to be mistaken 

I've allowed myself to be a victim to my situations way too long
Gave into the down falls of my life
So quick to just accept the wrong 

Allowed myself to be held captive
Being a slave to my thoughts
Looking for others to set me free
When the power is within me 

But from this staggered situation I rise
Rise while tears flow from my eyes

Pressing on towards my prize 
Doing what I need to do 
So that God can take me a step further 
No longer looking at what I don't have
For God will supply my every need

Seeking first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness
And to me
He will show his faithfulness indeed

No comments:

Post a Comment